Our Building, Running & Developing Family Offices March edition of the Alternative Investor is out, featuring some excellent pieces from Taylor Wessing, PwC, Lutyens Advisory, Y TREE and AIMA.
- Taylor Wessing’s James Goold elaborates on the ins and outs of launching and structuring family offices, considering a family’s unique position and the rise of international jurisdictions adopting more “entrepreneurial approaches”.
- PwC’s Christine Cairns writes about the emergence of the modern family office, which she terms “family capital,” and the desire for greater control and more direct investment.
- Lutyens Advisory’s Charlie Harris also looks at the shift in family offices to more illiquid investing and the increase among smaller offices to join pooled ‘club’ deals.
- Y TREE’s Johnnie Hampel dives into the world of data and technology to help family offices and HNW individuals make smarter investment choices, the power of “efficiency” and the ability to “run your financial life like an institutional investor.”
- AIMA’s Tom Kehoe looks at the relationship between GPs and LPs, the importance of GPs investing in their own fund, growth of co-investment vehicles and the approach to ESG.
We also look at some of the stories that have crossed our desks, including February hedge fund performances, recent private equity fundraisings, activist campaigns, the rise of private capital and regulatory goings-on in Europe and the US.
Click below for the March edition of The Alternative Investor:
Next month, we turn our focus to alternative investment allocators. Do email Jonty Campion ([email protected]) if you are interested in contributing.